A community interest company (CIC) is designed for social enterprises that want to use their profits and assets for the public good. Dee Valley Trust CIC was formed in 2007 to help regenerate Cefn Mawr and the surrounding communities. By working in partnership, the organisation will improve the community landscape and provide opportunities and empower people.
Dee Valley Trust has its roots in a fantastic location, recognised locally, nationally and internationally for its industrial heritage and natural environment. Our aim is to create an Inclusive, Active and Aspirational community who have a real sense of place that can respond to tourism and business opportunities through training, education and employment, whilst developing new ideas and concepts that contribute significantly to climate change.
Dee Valley Trust is a sustainable partnership organisation that works to empower people and their communities in developing and creating a culture that identifies with sustainable social, cultural, economic and environmental enterprise
Creating opportunities for residents, particularly disadvantaged and vulnerable people, by developing and supporting sustainable social and community activities by:
- Improving basic skills and personal confidence;
- Tackling anti-social behaviour and isolation;
- Improving access to education and information;
- Encouraging volunteering.
Enhancing and preserving the physical and natural environment, and the heritage of the area by:
- Acquiring and enhancing property assets which have community value;
- Promoting environmental and heritage education and information services;
- Encouraging the involvement of local residents in project activity
Improving job prospects and local prosperity by:
- Developing, letting and managing commercial premises;
- Supporting the provision of vocational training and work experience;
- Supporting the development of social / community enterprise and other small businesses;
- Promoting the development of Tourism.